MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 04:03 AM

Advice & support(page 2)

jayjay41
jayjay41Posts: 457

Althougjh it is only 7 a.m. here, I called, got their answering system, and cancelled. I just had them cleaned 6 months ago...I think it will be okay to wait another month or two

05/08/2012 04:09 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16978
VIP Member

I think so too.Smile

Now I think it's time to congratulate yourself for making a choice.

That is what you did as you do have options.

You considered the situation and decided to postpone to a time when hopefully you can get help.

You determined that was the best decision for now.

As we do this it can get easier as each event comes up we can look at the options and decide how to proceed.

If you can eliminate some of the stressful build up to each event by knowing you do have a choice then it will help conserve energy to the point where you may be able to face going.

Stress takes ton and energy and effort.

I think it's why I am exhausted and have no energy.

Oh it makes me mad.Smile

05/08/2012 04:15 AM
Paiges

Good thinking Jay Smile

05/08/2012 07:20 AM
jayjay41

I think it was the right decision also. When I make an appt. too far in advance, I start worrying about it about a week or so before. I do much better on a spur of the moment kind of thing so I asked them to put me on a list for "call in" basis. That way, if they call, I don't have time to think about it and can just go! It is so weird how the mind works. About 3 weeks before my nieces wedding I started doing this same thing but I got much sicker. I was having such horrible hotflashes and sweating that I thought I was going to die. I did not attend the wedding, as you all know, but the weird thing was that two days after the event, all my symptoms just disappeared. Like the panic switch was turned off!!

I never used to be like this...I was actually just the opposite. I was always social, loved working, loved being around people. I was always told, "how come you always have a smile on your face?" and I would reply "Because I am always happy" ..... Now, if I go somewhere, I hear, "Where have you been?" I live in a very small town, everybody knows everybody here. I hope to one day be back to that person again but for now, I sit here.

05/08/2012 07:47 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16978
VIP Member

Okay confession-I have a double whammy when I make an appointment I don't only worry about the appt I have to worry about childcare.

I have one the 23rd and I need to ask my mom and dad and I don't want to.

I don't want to ask them for anything!

I would prefer to ask a total stranger.

So hmm what to do?

05/08/2012 08:30 AM
jpooh38

Jayjay you should be proud of yourself to begin with. At least you made the initial call! Smile

05/08/2012 08:39 AM
jayjay41

Thanks!!! I am smiling a big smile now :o) Thanks so much for your support

05/08/2012 08:41 AM
jpooh38

Yay thats what counts! Smile and be happy!!! You are so very very welcome! Thats what we are all here for Support! Smile Smile Smile Now go celebrate! Wink

05/08/2012 09:05 AM
jayjay41

I have to clean the bathroom today, I will celebrate later. LOL

05/08/2012 09:28 AM
jpooh38

LOL! ok but you MUST celebrate! Wink Ugh cleaning have fun with that! You did however remind me I have to do laundry. booooo I hate laundry day! Sick Sick Sick

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved