MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2012 02:13 AM

Insomnia is the Devil.

Etherealgirl

I'm going on three days of only 5 hours of sleep. Total. I am freaking out. Crying. Wanting to bang my head into a wall. LOL! Seriously. Once or twice a year I deal with this insomnia crap and it'll last at least a week, sometimes two. Laying in bed and not sleeping gets so frustrating. I just want to sleep Sad.

Does anyone else deal with insomnia? Any tips for me?

I've tried, working out, reading, watching tv, listening to my relaxation audio, crying... idk I just want to sleep.

I read somewhere the key to sleeping is not trying so hard. I am going to go try that.

05/05/2012 03:45 AM
valentin

If i can't get to sleep,i get up out of bed and live my life in the rest of the apartment,go on the computer,watch d.v.d.s,just give up on sleep and live life as much as i can,like it's daytime,if it means i'm exhausted next day,then let it be.If it means i sleep all through the day next day,then i let that happen.I refuse to hang around in bed wanting to sleep when my brain/body/energy is saying 'No'to sleep.I find life works just fine like that.

05/05/2012 04:28 AM
mrg071189
mrg071189  

Whit, I just thought of something... whenever I can't sleep, I think about what it's like when I have to wake up early in the morning and don't want to. For some reason, thinking about that makes me tired... the feeling that I would do anything just to sleep for a couple more hours. Maybe try that?

05/05/2012 09:42 AM
youdunknowme

take in some fresh air at night.

05/05/2012 11:08 AM
mrg071189
mrg071189  

Hopefully you not being online yet today means that you were able to fall asleep?!

05/05/2012 01:08 PM
Etherealgirl

I just slept 5 hours, Praise the Lord! I'll take it!

05/05/2012 11:21 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16957
VIP Member

Don't look now but I think I've caught your insomnia!

I slept for almost 24 hours straight and now I'm up. Grr!

I think I'll try to get some sleep and while I'm laying here trying to fall asleep try to make a goal for tomorrow!

I have a feeling if people can find this thread it will get tons of hits from people who just can't seem to fall asleep.

Good night!

05/06/2012 02:41 AM
Etherealgirl

David... that was after getting only 5 hours of sleep total in 3 days!

05/06/2012 05:43 AM
damselndistress
VIP Member

Whitney I learned a little trick to help me to sleep.

I started using it when my anxiety was bad.

I close my eyes and look for the picutres is how I think of it.

Have you ever noticed how when you're starting to drift off to sleep you start to dream or see figures?

Take yourself out of thinking mode close your eyes and look for the pictures.

It takes you to a different part of the brain.

After a minute or so of focusing there you will notice your breathing change getting a little deeper and slower.

Then for me the pictures start to show up.

First it was a couch figure then figures of random faces I did not know.

Then not long after I saw an actual dream like picture of a man talking and he was getting ready to get up and do something.

Woke up briefly again and then in no time at all into sound sleep.

I almost when I do this feel myself click back as I said to a different part of the brain and this is freaky but it almost feels as if my eyes gravitate upward.

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 05/06/2012 05:44 AM

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 05/06/2012 05:45 AM

05/06/2012 01:51 PM
damselndistress
VIP Member

Is that what it's called watching the movie?

I feel funny saying look for the pictures.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved