MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2012 11:31 AM

Physical Reasons for Anxiety(page 2)

valentin

Anxiety caused by lifestyle or physical illness is very rare.Don't consider all this if you have hypochondria or illness phobia.Most anxiety disorders are initiated by,magnified by and maintained by over identification and catastrophic thoughts in response to ordinary(or even abnormal but SAFE)bodily sensations.As such a thorough general check up should be enough.

Many people feel psychologically more secure and hopeful to think their anxiety has a rational biological base.In actuality,this is extremely rare.

The cause of anxiety is in the traumas and conflicts in the unconscious mind creating an autonomous catastrophic thoughts-emotional hyper adrenal-ism cycle,as such,it is unlikely that medical testing will discover anything but in the tiniest percentage of anxiety sufferers.

05/03/2012 11:41 AM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Maybe I'm one of the weird ones that thyroid meds don't cause bad things to happen to??? lol... I have to say even though life pushed me into a nervous breakdown (well life and mean people Sad ) But after my thyroid was removed because of cancer I was a new woman !!!!!! The increase in my synthroid going from hypo to having no thyroid at all actually made me feel so much better. I went from 25mcg to 125mcg. My panic and agor symptoms were all but gone Smile Until someone pushed me over the edge Sad It also threw my metabolism into gear and I started losing weight. The 40 pounds I had put on started coming off (with a little help of exercise and eating a little healthier) and I have kept it off for 2 years.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved