MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 12:52 PM

How does your significant other deal with this?

catlover7731
catlover7731  

How does your significant other deal with this illness? My husband tries to be supportive, but I can see it bothers him that I am not better. He doesn't think taking meds are good and thinks this is mind of matter. He comes from Honduras where mental illnesses aren't dealt with, so it is hard for him to understand that I don't want to be like this. When I tell him I am bored he says lets go for a ride in the car( like it is that easy!). Last night he went to get Mangos about 25 minute drive from our house( they sell it by the case) and said to me "Do you want to go?". I feel like he thinks I am pretending to not want to leave the house, or that I just am not trying hard enough. Then I see him feeling down because I am not healthy and feel so guilty and he has to do the shopping and take our daughter out to things. How does your significant other deal with this?

04/29/2012 01:16 PM
banaberry22
banaberry22  

I'm not going to make excuses for my husband, he left me and my daughter and I don't see a reunion in our future

When he was around last summer he did help me and push me and I did make progress

04/29/2012 01:59 PM
mem1162

you know you're agoraphobic when you then husband jokes that he does not need to worry about you finding another man. Not because of implicit trust, but because it is so hard to catch a lover inside. Then to make things weird, offers to find you a girlfriend.

04/29/2012 02:05 PM
faery007
faery007  

mine was abusive for about 16 years then completely abandoned my children and I mainly cause I dont contribute enough to the relationship due to the agor for many years now...due to my own actions/illness/symptoms and his reactions to it we are now homeless no transportation and lastest thing he did was close our bank account that was used for meds...not sure what i will do to survive but just know i have to figure out a way to do it without letting him manipulate me into depending sole;y upon him as he has done before...maybe that helps someone else maybe not...but thats my experience anyways

04/29/2012 09:51 PM
Paiges

I'm lucky to have a good friend who is very supportive.

Post edited by: Paiges, at: 04/29/2012 09:52 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved