MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2012 10:13 AM

Did someone here delete a thread I started yesterd

TennisP
TennisPPosts: 2439

I got some emails saying people replied but I dont see the thread anymore about Are there other Christians here so did someone delete that without telling me why?

I may go find another place to talk since I want to feel free to start topics that have helpful things to myself and maybe others thats what I came here for

02/23/2012 10:31 AM
TennisP

Ah, I will be going to another group... I don't see why threads are deleted especially when I didn't get a message why and it was a helpful positive and uplifting post too so I will be leaving the group right now because that offends me... I also don't want to offend anyone else since I got a few msgs yesterday about the for women only threads I had started that were about things that women would understand like pregnancy but that managed to bother some guys by feeling left out. SO I'm click leave group in a minute. Take care everyone and I hope you have found a good therapist to help you enjoy this life we've been given.

02/23/2012 11:21 AM
lu1063
lu1063Posts: 313

I'm sorry, TennisP. I liked your post and maybe it was my response that got your post deleted. Is there something in the guidelines that state posting about religion is Taboo? Or is it like alot of businesses never to talk about religion or politics? If so, what other topics are a no no?

02/23/2012 05:32 PM
TennisP

no one will admit to deleting my thread I started that was positive???

there is so much negativity around and it surprised me to see it gone whe. I had comments to read but couldnt access it. It is a shame that happened and other people can swear in their posts and I dont see someone saying something about that.

02/23/2012 05:41 PM
mem8445

I thought that whoever deleted the thread was suppose to post that they did that.....

I'm sorry to see you leave but dang could the person please step up to the plate and tell us why.

I've had threads deleted but always could see who deleted them....HMMMM???

02/23/2012 06:38 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Threads can be deleted at the leaders discretion at any time. They aren't required to tell you if, when or who does it. There are guidelines for them to follow and subject matters that are to be avoided. Any thread topic that is offensive or hurtful of course is a no no. Subjects such as specific political and religion are usually avoided since it can be fuel for arguments. Positivity is always welcome, OF COURSE it is. There are "positive challenge" threads and a very long running "encouragement" thread where you can post and read many uplifting, hopeful, faith filled quotes and pictures. If cursing offends you then either look away or speak to a person in private message. If someone is threatening or cursing AT you and you can't resolve it with that person then by all means bring it to a leaders attention.

Another way to have addressed this topic would have been to pm your group leaders asking for an explanation.... They may or may not have let you know why, but then it wouldn't have taken up an entire Thread for this.......

02/23/2012 06:52 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

That's all true enough Conn, i'm not trying to argue. A leader isn't required to let someone know that they are deleting their thread.....but just because it isn't required means it shouldn't be done? On the topic of the rules and guidelines, nowhere does it say you have to let the member know, but it is encouraged to talk to the member if you have to edit/delete. Like I said, i'm not trying to argue with you Conn. just had a few things to add Smile

02/23/2012 06:54 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

well aware of group leader rules. I am a GL but not in agor.... thanks for adding. I was just making a quick point.

02/23/2012 07:24 PM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have spoken to all the leaders and I do not know who deleted the thread. I do know it wasn't me and I also know the rules, both here and throughout the site. Here it is officially, from the top dog!

No one is banishing god or religion! not any specific god and not any specific religion... and that is the point.

People come to MDJunction to deal with their health issues and challenges regardless if they are Christians, Jews, Muslims or any other religion. i believe we have people from almost every known religion!

religion, faith & god are the #1 cause for wars throughout history and i don't want them to interfere with the help people could get on here & basically i am not qualified to deal with it...

there are numerous sites and forums for religious talks and discussions and in fact i know a group of our leaders are very active in one of the Christian sites but they keep those discussions away from MDJunction.

You can love classic music and the LA Lakers at the same time, it doesn't mean you're going TO HAVE to wear the yellow/purple outfit (with a whistle in your mouth) to a classic music show.

it's OK to say thanks to your god, it is ok to say god helped you making it all you do on most of your posts starting discussions on how Jesus, Moses, Mohammad are the way to healing - PROHIBITED.

My goal is to protect MDJunction as a comfort zone and by setting these rules i believe i'm doing that.

best,

roy

02/23/2012 07:30 PM
CanadianAngel
CanadianAngel  

Very well said Silver

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved