MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2012 11:58 PM

newb

m11

so im not to sure how this works, iv stumbled upon this site and seems to be exactly what it says a support group. im deathly terrified of things i have never been before. i am going to get prescribed meds tomorrow, im so nervous, and which of course i must go to my worst fear on the grocery list of fear, the docs just man i hate being there. i dont understand why they cant treat me with "agoraphobia" i dont know say at my house. what ever happened to a house call. im not sure why im writing this im sure it is a fail but im losing it thinking about leaving at 7 to go to a doc office. waiting in a room with ten fifteen other people. im not sure i can do it. but i know the quality of my life depends on being there. any advise anyone?

02/22/2012 12:08 AM
anubis666
anubis666Posts: 52

At least you sound eager to turn things around.That "improving the quality of your life" atitude makes you sound like you've got the drive to do it.I'm new here too so never be afraid to chat to me or any other member for that matter.Anyway,welcome.

Luke.

02/22/2012 12:10 AM
thundetsruck
thundetsruck  

I have found that in my area anyway they have assisance for u. i have a practical nurse that comes to my house for free. she perscribes my drugs. places that i HAVE to go. example renew my drivers licence THE D AND V lines for days. if u call them and explain they will help u. i dont wait in those kinds of lines. people r very understanding out there if u give them a chance Smile Welcome this is a good group of people here. Collectively very knowledgable and helpful Smile

02/22/2012 12:20 AM
thundetsruck
thundetsruck  

Phobias of things go hand in hand with agoraphobia. all ur phobias boil down in some way to panic attacks. fear of lines ( cant get out fast enuff, hairdressers same thing, taking meds ( might cause on or make u worse. all my fears and phobias boil down to having panic attacks trying to avoid having them or going places that help if i have one is no readily available. There r lots of us out there with it. I for the longest time was scared of the shower. I would spend 4 times the amount of time bending over washing hair in tub and taking a bath with my shirt on. very dramatic when i think about it. what i was doing was worrying about what would happen if i had a attack in the shower and a ambulance had to come get me. when i stopped thinking about ALLLLL the things i had to do in there wash hair condition hair wash areas, shave legs pits and other in my head it took forever so now i just think of one i just have to wash hair. when im done i just have to condition hair. i dont think ahead, i am trying to do that with other parts iof my life as that is my main problem. over thinking it analizing everything to death. thinking of everything that could go wrong from now till 30 years from now. babysteps will get u there. it is working quite well for me Smile

02/22/2012 12:25 AM
anubis666

I live in england,but finding help is hard.you see our NHS(national health service)is crumbling due to the recession so any therapy cost-wise is out of the question.any advice?

02/22/2012 12:30 AM
thundetsruck
thundetsruck  

I have read lots on the topic and pretty much it boils down to doing the things ur scared of. if u have a friend spouse anyone who can help u try the things ur scared of that will help. little by little u wiont be scared. when i try new things now. if it turns out good or bad i come on this site always someone to talk to and help me when it sucked and cheer me on when i did wellSmile u will pick up lots of ideas things people have tried that worked or failed. very helpful. just keep trying to move forward Smile

02/22/2012 12:34 AM
anubis666

I've got a dog and an ex that wants me six feet under lol.

02/22/2012 12:34 AM
m11

I currently live in TN. there are no LPNs nor psychiatrists that will visit an individuals home, or i have yet to find them rather.

i appreciate the replies. i have been on numerous meds prior i have been off for almost a year. the anxiety quickly went south once off the medicine. i had memory loss from serequel and xanax and have had horrible episodes outside the house since. has anyone been successful with any meds in helping them overcome agoraphobia?

02/22/2012 12:37 AM
thundetsruck
thundetsruck  

meds only help to calm u a little. the larazapams clanazapams, u still have to do the work.

02/22/2012 12:38 AM
thundetsruck
thundetsruck  

The dog can help i have two i take one of them with me hehe i have cried while cuddling one many times. loyal little babies they r and they never tell my secrets lololol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved