MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/12/2011 05:28 PM

Job Interview

mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

For those of you that don't already know...I have been collecting unemployment for about 4 months now, since I lost my job. I have had to apply for 2 jobs a week every week to keep my unemployment checks coming in. Thursday nite about midnight, I applied for a job over the internet that I really didn't think I would get, but it worked for a weekly search. By 10:00 am Friday I was called and told they wanted me to interview with them. As you can imagine, I am soooo freaked out! First of all, this place is in the next town over, which I RARELY go, and then I actually have to answer their questions, and try to make myself look intelligent...Good luck with that! I haven't had a real interview in over 9 years. I'm really scared, and I don't even know if I do/do not want the job. I need it financially, but not agoraphobically...Does that make sense?

Anyways, if you all would just say a little prayer for me that I don't totally freak out during this interview, and that I can at least keep some of my dignity I really would appreciate it. I know I can count on my friends here. I'll check in tommorrow and let you know what happened. Thanks! HUGS

12/12/2011 05:34 PM
youdunknowme

payers to you Becky!good luck! Wink Wink Wink Wink

12/12/2011 05:51 PM
Zahc
Zahc  

12/12/11

My dear friend 'mabri',

My thoughts, and hopes, and wishes, dreams, and regard being sent to you for your bravery, courage, and tennacity; for success, and greater security ! I know you will interview well, for you have a compassionate and caring spirit, and strength sufficient to be forthright, and confident !!!

Plus, dear, if you CAN overcome your agoraphobia just this one time, it will get easier, until all thoughts of agoraphobia pass as shadowed recollection, and then retreat again, into the shadows.

Just think of it dear, though this job may be financially necessar4y, it will prove liberating beyond imagining.

And...what a great holiday gift to yourself !

Think of it as being ready to take wing.

Much affection, and regards,

Charles ( 'Zahc').

12/12/2011 06:57 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Praying for you Becky.... I hope things go however you want them to. And I hope you get through the interview with minimal anxiety. You'll do great..... but don't do too great if you don't want the job Wink....

12/12/2011 07:14 PM
youdunknowme

it makes perfect sense. I had an interview just 3 months ago. i was so nervous . I came back feeling like crap because I felt like a complete failure. I got a letter in the mail saying that I passed the interview! yay! I haven't gotten the job yet but they said that they'll "contact me if they need somebody" .Sideways Sideways Sideways

Post edited by: youdunknowme, at: 12/12/2011 07:15 PM

12/12/2011 09:26 PM
mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

Prayers for Becky! I'm just a phone call away if you need me! Kissing

12/12/2011 09:28 PM
CanadianAngel
CanadianAngel  

Saying a prayer for ya Hun...and as my youngest would say " This will be the bestest Christmas present ever"

12/12/2011 09:51 PM
Knightmare
KnightmarePosts: 1660

Becky I am really praying for you and I know they would be lucky to have you as an employee. Wishing you lots of luck. Hugs.

12/12/2011 10:09 PM
claredoll77
claredoll77  

Hey Becky, congratulations on the interview! These are tough times and it's hard to even get an interview lately. It might help your anxiety level to mentally prepare for the interview by googling interview questions and going over in your mind how you would answer. This has helped me on interviews before. For instance, almost inevitably you will be asked to list your strong points, what you think you can contribute. Be ready to do it with confidence even if you feel like you are totally BSing! I've often been asked how I handled a difficult client. So whatever the job is for insert client/customer/coworker etc and think about the most diplomatic way to answer. And of course, the kicker is they always ask you what your weakest points are and how you improve them. My instinct is to go "Whew, where to begin?!" But really, be ready to come up with something mild and typical (Example: trouble prioritizing when everything seems important. Solution: I make a list). Anyway, just remember that whatever happens, it's good practice. You will definitely be in my thoughts.

Post edited by: claredoll77, at: 12/12/2011 10:10 PM

12/13/2011 08:19 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Thank you all for the prayers and help. I did make it to my interview today, thanks to a special friend who helped me by talking to me all the way there. I was fine until time to actually leave the house, and then I started freaking out. I had to stop and get gas, and the pump I went to didn't work; and that really made me freak out! I finally got my gas and went on to the interview.

Anyways, I did well at the interview, (I think) and he said he had more interviews and he would be choosing ppl for a second interview and if I'm chosen he will call me. Soooo now I just have to wait and see what happens. I am so glad that this part is over. Thank again for the encouragement. HUGS

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved