MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/06/2011 09:59 AM

Positivity anyone?!?

jpooh38

I forgot last week... Oopsie. So here is this weeks challenge.

Look at the big picture. Is that parking ticket you got a bummer? Of course. Will you still feel bad about it later this week? This month? Learn to let go of the things that don't really matter.

Tada! Enjoy! Wink

12/06/2011 11:27 AM
LadyBunnie
LadyBunnie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have a friend that is super laid back about EVERYTHING. I asked him how he put up with some of the stuff he does and he told me that with every situation he says to himself "Ok, I have a week to live... does this really matter?" and 99% of the time it doesn't. I am trying to adopt that same philosophy.

12/06/2011 11:28 AM
PerryM
PerryM  
VIP Member

Very good advice! Life is too short to worry about things that are out of our control. Drop them and move on! Smile

12/06/2011 01:24 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

If I could get my brain to stop thinking horrible things then I could be laid back too! But my own mind is my enemy and tells me terrible things are about to happen and sometimes they actually do!! Which is what keeps me on full alert all the time. I do try to meditate and breathe and some days that works and some days it does not. I just want something to make me stop thinking the worst at all times! Thanks for the nice words though!

12/06/2011 02:39 PM
youdunknowme

oh shitniz. thanks for reminding me jenn. i got a 25 parking ticket lAST MONTH AT my school while at the financial aid office . I was there about an hour but someone decided to go on their lunch break at 1 30 pm. so I had to wait an hour for them to come back. ugh and I forgot about the meter =[ so much for financial aid! I totally forgot that I needed to send the payment in the mail. I'm going to do right now!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post edited by: youdunknowme, at: 12/06/2011 02:42 PM

12/06/2011 05:33 PM
jpooh38

Tina- LMAO!!! Well at least you got reminded. Wink

So glad you guys like it... As for me I just had a bunch of drama Angry unfold so now I am taking a big dose of this positivity challenge!!!! Blink

Post edited by: jpooh38, at: 12/06/2011 05:34 PM

12/06/2011 09:33 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Thanks, Jenn. This is something I really need. I am like Rea, I am always expecting and worrying about the worst happening. Sometimes it does, sometimes no, but I am always afraid it will, and if it does I feel like it is the end of the world. Thanks for the challenge and I will definately work on it. HUGS

12/07/2011 08:47 AM
mem6197

Thanks Jenn for this challenge. This is a great one that I need to do a lot more of - having a lot more positive thoughts is something I have a big problem with. Like Rea and Becky, I always imagine the worst. I try not to think this way, but some times I just can't help it.

But I will most definitely try harder. Smile

12/07/2011 09:33 AM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Me too a lot of times. I just feel so devastated. And others should realize that we don't WANT to feel this way. NOT AT ALL! We all want to feel strong and in control. I can remember actually enjoying the adrenaline rushes as a young adult. Imagine enjoying them????????? That must be why people skydive, sky, etc.... because it gives you such a rush... now I HATE it. It's like if laughter suddenly turned into something that made you feel bad. Could you imagine? Then we would be serious, avoid sitcoms, jokes, ect... Weird way of looking at it huh?

12/07/2011 09:36 AM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Oh.. but to the topic, yes.... we must always look at things like that Jenn. It's a matter of mental survival!

The only problem is when those little things pile up on ya like snow. Then you get so bogged down with them something has to give! Most of us only have a few "flakes" bothering us, so we DO need to just let it be.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved