MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/13/2011 06:03 AM

ok

aubrey143

So yesterday was horrible been on celexa two weeks and was having suidal thoughts and aniexty high extreme well talkes to my dr and he said stop taking it today im sicker than anything .. i have tried everything it seems .. i cant seem to find the mind state to get outta house. I have racing thoughts like nuts its like i feel i should commit myself has anyone felt this way ... is anything. Gonna work.. helpppppp

09/13/2011 06:18 AM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

UUUGGGGG!! I now EXACTLY how you feel Aubrey. Been going through this for the past 9 or 10 months. Lexapro was doing wonders for me, then I went off it, then when I tried to go back on, it just isn't working the same for me anymore.

I have horrible side-effects from SSRI's so I have to take low doses that end up not being enough to really help me.

I agree, after 2 weeks, if you were feeling horrible, I would stop too.

Has your Dr. prescribed any benzos like Valium or Xanax? Do you have other issues besides panic/anxiety like depression? If you only have the anxiety/depression you may be able to get by quite well with just a regular schedule of benzo's throughout the day.

I hope this helps~ I am still trying to figure out what to do with myself LOL~ I need to make a change ASAP too, my depression and anxiety are just waaay out of hand Wink Have you tried therapy to discuss your racing thoughts? Maybe some coping techniques will help too!! HUGS!

Post edited by: CrissyL, at: 09/13/2011 06:18 AM

09/13/2011 06:27 AM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

Can you recall the different meds you've already tried? If you list the one's that haven't worked for you, maybe some group members can give you suggestions of one's they've tried that are working for them Smile Smile

09/13/2011 07:42 AM
aubrey143

I have tried zoloft celexa prozac lexapro wellbutrin gabapetine ... and yes im on zanax

09/13/2011 07:49 AM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

You might want to ask about Remeron/Mirtazapine,esp. if you have sensitivities to SSRI's. Zoloft worked for me for years, lexapro worked for a while, wellbutrin made me soooo sick I stopped it right away and I've never tried celexa or prozac.

I've heard some people have luck with Paxil but that's an SSRI like the others...

09/13/2011 06:38 PM
aubrey143

Im just fed up feel like im trapped in my home .. nothing feels to be working .. just wanna live life but the negative is pulling me down

09/13/2011 11:05 PM
fearless
fearless  

Have you tried Effexor? It's an SNRI not SSRI though I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference.

I've been on Effexor for years and only realized that it was good after I went off it. I thought it wasn't working so I was hell bent on trying something else, which I did, lexapro, and it didn't do anything for my agoraphobia so I went back on effexor like two weeks ago.

You could also try reading books by Claire Weekes. If anything, it opens your eyes and helps you understand yourself and why you are the way you are and how to cure yourself. The 'cure' is nothing magical or an overnight thing but takes work and time. And time is the biggest thing. As a person who has suffered for a long time, I'm not very patient since I feel as though I've wasted too much time already but trying to get better in a hurry is not going to work.

Sorry for the long reply.

Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved