MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/06/2011 09:09 PM

i have made so much progress

koolaidsmile619
koolaidsmile619  

i just wanted to say i havent been here probably in 9 or 10 months and i have gotten soo much better after suffering a year from agrophobia. there is hope i am now able to go almost anywhere and have a baby boy on the way in december ! i wanted to share with everyone how i got to where i am i fell so lucky and happy . I started going out at night time or early morings when there werent alot of people around and stayed where i was untill my panick attack ended going through those fellings are the most difficult thing i have ever done in my life. i went to the same places untill i mastered them and then started branching out to other places. exercise helped alot but the biggest thing for me was cutting out all caffine . i know everyone is at diffrent levels and it fells impossible to do i once couldnt walk a step out my front door . if anyone wants to talk im here i need freinds who know what i went through

09/07/2011 01:13 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! Thanks for checking in!

09/07/2011 05:17 AM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

Thank you soo much for sharing your success with all of us!!! It's very encouraging to hear when someone is conquering the Agor-monster and that it isn't necessarily a "life sentence" Wink I'm very, very happy for you and congratulations on your little bundle of joy arriving December!!! Smile

09/07/2011 06:20 AM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Great job!! Good tips also. I think making those baby steps during the least stressful moments is very important. With commitment there is progress!

09/07/2011 09:14 AM
Knightmare
KnightmarePosts: 1660

Koolaidsmile, thank you for the update and I am very proud that you have made such great progress and congrats on your new arrival.

09/07/2011 10:18 AM
Raze

Thanks for sharing that and offering more tools to help me try in your tips. Smile

09/07/2011 10:48 AM
PerryM
PerryM  
VIP Member

Way to go!!! So proud of you! Think alot of us could benefit by following your example. Thanks for sharing it with us. Smile Congrats on the baby!

09/08/2011 06:45 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Congratulations on the baby and the progress. I have found that exercise uses up that excess adrenaline and helps to maintain the progress that we have made.

Great to hear from you again!

Cheryl

09/19/2011 09:54 AM
koolaidsmile619
koolaidsmile619  

Thanks everyone Smile. hey that makes sense about the excess adrenalin panic attacks made me fell like i was real hyper in a bad way aghh

09/20/2011 08:13 AM
meowgusta
meowgusta  

Thanks for sharing this. I'm new here but it's so good to read about members being in recovery. I'm just curious how much caffeine were you drinking before and how quitting helped? Did it make your panic attacks easier to handle? I drink about 3 or 4 cups of tea a day and have been told to stop drinking caffeine too but have been really reluctant. I also feel like I'm in a perpetual cycle of nervous energy.

Congrats on your recovery & your baby. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved