MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2011 09:42 AM

Your Panic attack recovery system?

Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Do you all have recovery cycles after a huge panic attack? If so, what's the system? for me after a huge panic attack it takes me three days to recover (like the one I had the day before yesterday where I lost time....a whole night). The day after, I call my rest day. The day where i'm allowed to just lay on the couch all day, not think, and nap as much as I want. Then after the rest day, I try to get myself up and at least do work on MDJ, but I call the two days after the rest day the "scrambled fog brain" days. The days where my brain is just bouncing, putting the pieces (hopefully) together where they should be. The fourth day after a huge panic attack, i'm fine again. Today is my first scrambled fog brain day.

04/13/2011 10:16 AM
mem8445

Oh Erin sweetie I'm sure everyone here will agree we all go through a few days if not the rest of the week trying to get back on track.

For me the last 5 days were 24/7 panic attacks and have not had that much trouble since I first started having panic attacks.

But I believe what your doing is what is good for you and by all means please rest!!!

Some of us try to jump right back up only to fall back down but we are all different and have many ways of dealing with said panic attacks.

Do you feel depressed or like you just can't get your act together?

I often feel so exhausted after just one panic attack but just pray for me to get my act together after the 24/7 one LOL(not funny one bit huh?)5days is just too much.Dizzy

Post edited by: Fidgetgirl, at: 04/13/2011 10:17 AM

04/13/2011 11:22 AM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Hmmmmm I guess I just take a Xanax and a nap and things are usually better after that. I don't have time to just do nothing. With kids and pets you have to be getting on with life every day. But, I don't feel right for a couple of days. It is exhausting.

04/13/2011 12:08 PM
Ladygaga
Ladygaga  
VIP Member

My instant reaction is sleep..panic wipes me out totally ,the last big one put me more or less out of action for 3 days .I could do basic stuff like get up ,walk around ,do dishes ,shower etc..but beyond that..forget it .I agree Erin ,brain fog ,scramble etc..no idea how or why it does that .I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation though .

Fidget..5 days..omg ,yep that would have me in bits ,you are doing well just to get on here and say hello Smile

04/13/2011 02:26 PM
kmripple

I totally agree. It takes me several days to recover. But like SillyOMe said, I have kids and don't have the time to do nothing.

Fidget, sorry I know you must be in hell if the panic is constant. I hope your situation improves, which will probably help ease the panic. Take care of yourself.

04/13/2011 02:52 PM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

For me, complete exhaustion (could last a few hours to a day or two), followed by a period of much higher anxiety anticipating another attack Sad

04/13/2011 03:15 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

wait, fidget, how did you get to me being depressed from my rest day and scrambled brain fog days? I'm not making the connection, and for the record, i'm not depressed....just dealing with a lot right now.

04/13/2011 04:53 PM
mem6197

When I have a panic attack, I am wiped out for a full day after the attack. I just don't have the energy to do anything. But if I have to do something, then it gets done, just in a sleepy daze.

04/13/2011 08:15 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

When I have a severe panic attack I am physically sick after sometimes for weeks it depends on how bad the panic. I get rashes and I have horrible abdominal pain and it is hard to eat or sleep. I eat light foods and rest as much as I can during this time. Also I tend to isolate after a bad attack.Because I am afraid I will have another!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved