Ask a Question
08/19/2010 06:05 AM

Hugs and Friend Requests

silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5234
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hugs and Friend Requests

What if when you joined this group you received 15 hugs and 15 friend requests? Do you think the odds of you staying would have gone up? Let's do that to the next person that joins and really make them feel welcome, it takes 2 seconds and it could turn a life around.

All we do around here is hug! What about those other ones, we need to use them more often. I even wrote some examples just to light the fire. Pretty bad, I know!

Hug someone you have never hugged! Spread the love!!

Cheer up _____, I know you'll do better next time.

I'm so happy for you that you didn't panic today at the store. That is huge and big step forward!

I'll say a prayer for your ______, and for you. Know that you're in my thoughts.

I salute you for the way you take on each day. You inspire me to try a little harder. Thanks!

Boo, to your husband for the way he treated you last night. Hopefully he will understand you a little better some day!

08/19/2010 06:08 AM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I use the prayer button often too. Sometimes we all need that just as much as a hug! I always write something when I send a hug and always respond to friend requests and PMs. You are right, it can make a WORLD of difference for anyone.

08/19/2010 06:23 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

I always wondered why they had a thumbs down... lol.

08/19/2010 06:24 AM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
VIP Member

It seems lately I can't keep up with everyone! I have 6 PM's to answer, atleast 4 hugs that I haven't answered and my poor friends must think I don't love them anymore for as little as they hear from me! I try to answer everyone individually, maybe I'll try a HUG ALL YOUR FRIENDS just to let them know how busy it's been lately. And I think it's a great idea to use the others. I don't think about it so always just send a hug , time to stretch my comfort zone here too!

08/19/2010 06:32 AM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Hey Cheryl gave me a thumbs down once!!!!!! LMAO! Just one of the many reasons I love her!

Love the hug examples Silver. I am game. Next newbie gets totally assaulted.

08/19/2010 07:23 AM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

I do send hugs to newbies and sometimes salutes and prayersSmile Good idea though Silver,I will make sure to be there for the newbies tooSmile

08/19/2010 08:11 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

I did Devil

Then she gave me one right back! W00t

08/19/2010 03:26 PM
aimeep80
aimeep80  
I'm an Advocate

Sounds like a plan! I wondered about the thumbs down button too. Great examples Silver.

08/19/2010 03:49 PM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I use the thumbs down! Usually only to people I know very well and in a joking matter and that I know can take a joke. Like thumbs down for you not coming to chat last night!!! LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved