MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/14/2010 06:09 AM

If you ARE NEW----Here's what TO DO!

silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey, welcome, you found the agoraphobia page. I know you feel very strange at this moment, maybe even a bit panicky, right? Well, let me try to steer you through this mess and get you off on the right foot.

The worst thing you can do right now is hesitate. If you just sit there and read stuff you may never become an active part of this group. You need to jump in, right now, no matter how awkward you are feeling. You came here for support so PLEASE let us do that for you!

First I want you to find the box near the top of the home page that is green and says START A DISCUSSION. Click right in that box and the next page that appears is where you're going to say “hi” to all of us. YES you are, don't quit on me now!

In the subject box just type in HI, I'M NEW and then proceed to the body of your message in the big white box! Now, just say whatever you can squeak out for your first time! Here's an example for you:

Hi, this is my first time here and I'm very nervous. My name is Gertrude and I'm stuck in the house. I came here to find others like me, I'm so glad I found you!

Now scroll down a little below the box you just typed in and find the little green box that says SUBMIT! Click on it and you're done. That click will show what your Intro looks like as a finished product. Now look for the tab that says GROUP HOME and click on it and you will end up right back where you started only this time, in a few seconds, your hello will be the first topic on our board. Now you can sit back and let us do our thing, which is to make you feel right at home.

Ok, that's enough, now you are an official member of the “Homies” and there isn't a better place for you to be right now than here, I promise!

homies

Post edited by: silverguy, at: 09/17/2011 04:34 AM

07/14/2010 07:46 AM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Silver is so right here. I am so very glad I did not hesitate to jump in. I was so scared and nervous, but without the support I found here I don't know where I would be at now.

Another helpful tip is to look over the help desk information as far as how to navigate the site and get into the chat room. This information can be found in the General & Support Forum. Just click the forums tab and then the general & support section. There is information on how to upload playlists, post pics, enter chat, everything you need to know! The chat room really is a great place to get to know everyone and so is the What's Up thread we do daily. Don't be afraid to jump into either.

You are so welcome here and we know how important finding support is. This is just a hard disorder for people to understand. But we do understand her and we are all here to give and get support. So please take advantage of it!

07/14/2010 11:57 AM
aimeep80
aimeep80  
I'm an Advocate

Great post Silver! I do hope the new members will introduce themselves and let us get to know them. We all are going through the same thing or at least similar things..so please don't be afraid to talk to us. Smile

07/16/2010 08:28 AM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes if you are new please read this. I am so happy that the past couple days we have had some new members that have sort of just jumped in. It is awesome to see that. Please do not hesitate. This is a great and safe place for you to be right now! And we do truly care!

01/03/2011 10:43 AM
Kristine9299

I like that!

05/31/2011 05:51 AM
mattiem

Laughing HA...you just described my first day [saturday]. panic city. it seems like a lot to decide to do when people contact you. choices to make [a big problem for me]. what to say? etc.

but i soldier on and this is a big step for me.

thanks for the encouragement!

09/20/2011 03:47 AM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey you, you, the newbie! Read this from the beginning and get involved. We need you and some fresh outlooks on Agoraphobia, so PLEASE post if just to say hi! PLEEEEZE!

11/30/2011 09:24 PM
mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

**Bump**

12/05/2011 05:49 AM
mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

Hey all you newbies! Read this! Smile

01/30/2012 01:29 AM
Naithom

Hi. I'm Rene. I'm 50 years old, married to the goofiest guy I know and we have one surviving child, a wonderful 15 year old son. I won't go so far as to describe myself as a crazy cat lady but thanks to one of my husband's ex employees and a neighbor who abandoned a pregnant cat when they moved, I appear to have the starter kit. (All but one had been fixed and we're saving for her clipping with anticipation.)

I enjoy writing and doing research. As I am known for saying, one grandfather was a coal miner, the other was a oil field worker - I was born to dig! I've done genealogy for 25 years, court house research and some skip tracing. (I was the bizarre child who reveled when we were told to do a research project.)W00t

I have suffered from PTSD since I was 3 after having been the victim of a sexual assault. The panic attacks began after being a crime victim again in the late 90's and after I was physically disabled in a horseback riding accident in 2000 getting out got harder and I became agoraphobic. (I know, my nickname ought to be Lucky.Tongue )

So, enough about me, let's talk about you.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved