Ask a Question
07/13/2010 08:00 AM

Something To Think About!

silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5234
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest:

Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400.00 in your private account for your use.

However,this prize has rules, just as any game has certain rules.

The first set of rules would be:

Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.

You may not simply transfer money into some other account.

You may only spend it.

Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400.00 for that day.

The second set of rules:

The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, Its over,the game is over! It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally do?

You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right?

Not only for yourself, but for all people you love, right?

Even for people you don't know, because you couldnt possibly spend it all on yourself, right?

You would try to spend every cent, and use it all, right?

ACTUALLY, this GAME is REALITY!

Each of us is in possession of such a magical bank. We just can't seem to see it.

The MAGICAL BANK is TIME!

Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life, and when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us. What we haven't lived up that day is forever lost.

Yesterday is forever gone.

Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time....WITHOUT WARNING.

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Aren't they worth so much more than the same amount in dollars?

Think about that, and always think of this:

Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.

So take care of yourself, be Happy, Love Deeply and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderfully beautiful day!!!

Just an email I received and thought it was worth a thread and 2 minutes of your time. I promise to stop being so serious now, I'd much rather laugh!

Laughing

07/13/2010 08:05 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

The first I would use as a down payment on a house. The second fopr furnishings, the third a car/pay off bills, the fourth give to my parents and loved ones. After that I really don't know...Buy some fun toys and give it to animal charities Smile

07/13/2010 08:13 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Aw, now you made me feel all guilty... just kidding, kind of. I wish I did more with my days, but my life seems to be a waiting game lately.

Eh, I'm young, hopefully I will live long enough to enjoy life a bit more than I am now.

07/13/2010 08:32 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

I guess I am off to spend some of that magical money in the garden. I have been looking at it since I got back but not going out there. Grrr...at least there is a breeze today.

07/13/2010 08:38 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

LOL I think I read that post wrong!

I'm pretty bad at time management but I'm getting better at saying F it to the laundry or cleaning when I want to do something else. My problem though is that that something else is usually in isolation. I love to just be by myself and that needs to change. Especially for my son.

07/13/2010 08:47 AM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
VIP Member

Oh Cheryl, how I wish I were there to help in your garden! I'm there in spirit, even if I don't get any work done!LOL

07/13/2010 08:50 AM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

I do understand the idea behind the post, and I am very sorry to be lacking in going out there in the world to do more and be around more people etc. I do need to work on that!

07/13/2010 11:34 AM
PerryM
PerryM  
VIP Member

Really makes you think. Thanks for posting it Silver.

07/13/2010 12:09 PM
chaddyt150
chaddyt150Posts: 455

Yea too bad most of my seconds are used at work. If I had the money instead then I could actually use the seconds to enjoy my life all the time. I just feel like I am running through my life trying to get out of this state of mind I am in. It's like when your 15 years old and you are just wanting to hit 16 so bad and It just feels like nothing else matters but getting to that age. Like right now I just want to hurry up and get out of this job and into a career and a house and most of all away from AGOR. I wish I could just tell my self to chill out and enjoy this ride we call life. But for some reason I cannot. Sorry for the rant Smile

07/13/2010 12:40 PM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Chad at least you get vacations. I haven't left this shitty town and area in 10 years. I got nothing to look foward to. So.. as for the original post.. yeah, there is a lot of wasted minutes going on.. wasted on just survival. Oh to live again.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved