MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2010 09:40 AM

The Agor Tax

jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Everyone has heard of the idiot tax... I just paid the agor tax.

So I'm sitting in the exam room getting my eyes checked. I've already been through all the tests and the doctor is in to see me. He says that he needs to dilate my eyes to get a better look at them. OR, he can use the photograph they already took of them in the other room. The catch is, it's not covered by insurance, so I have to pay the $35.

Well I'm in such a panic to get out of there, I just say go with the photograph. That's $35 I really didn't have... practically a carton of cigarettes. But I want out of that exam room pronto.

I have to admit even in the grocery store, I don't pay attention to sales or how much I am spending. I just want to get in and out as fast as possible.

Anyone else find themselves spending money because of agor one way or the other?

04/13/2010 09:45 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

I think I do the same thing you do onlY because I cannot say no to anyone. I'm such a pushover! Then again, though, I have only just realized what the hell I'm going through so many things have come to light...maybe I did it for the same reasons? Who knows?

Anyways...did you get glasses?!

~Jenny

Post edited by: slamm311, at: 04/13/2010 09:47 AM

04/13/2010 09:48 AM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

OMG Kevin, you are soooooooo not alone. My experiences are usually because I purchase needed things at my little one horse town market instead of driving the 10 miles to the bigger town. I usually end up paying twice the price because I am too agor to want to drive that far. I certainly have the time to!

My mom will go from store to store and buy the things on sale.. I just want to go into one store, get what I need and book back home. Wal-Mart rocks for that!

04/13/2010 10:04 AM
jmick
VIP Member

Well at least I'm not the only one. As I sit here now, so happy it's over I realize I should have just let them do the dilation. Oh well.

Jenny, I got the prescription, the glasses will take a couple weeks. I had to pay extra for special lenses because my eyes are so bad the glasses are thick as coke bottles. I hope my disability comes through soon so I can buy more contacts, I ABHOR wearing glasses, they're so thick.

04/13/2010 10:09 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

I despise glasses also! Contacts are the best invention ever. Except I have an allergic reaction to all of them except the dailies. 6 months of cantacts cost me $300. It's ridiculous! I'd have lasik if I wasn't so terrified of it. *shudder* Have you seen what they do to people!?

04/13/2010 10:18 AM
amazonia

I would have to say the agor part is the worst but I also have OCD and so I am a pennie pincher and all my ducks have to be in a row, hey maybe it was the anxiety, panick attacks and OCD that finaly drove me over the agor cliff geeez, Im so bad that my bills are always payed two months in advance, I have never been late on a bill and have never bounced a check.

04/13/2010 10:21 AM
jmick
VIP Member

Yeah, I'm afraid of lasik, too. Like a valium beforehand is supposed to help. I eat valium for breakfast!

I needed glasses from the time I was five, but I never wore them... So basically I couldn't see until I got contacts when I was 14. My eyes are so bad I can barely walk to the bathroom to put my contacts in without running into stuff.

04/13/2010 10:26 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

Amazonia~That's pretty awesome though! With the bills. I should start doing that. I might be less panicked.

Kevin~ I am the same way! I can't even see the huge E on the eye chart. My son thinks it's hilarious at the eye doctor and just points things out to me "Can you see that ma?" "Nope" "Awesome!" Goofball.

04/13/2010 10:28 AM
amazonia

Oh it truely does help Slamm, I wont have a bill till june and even then I pay so much extra that they wont be the regular amount, It stops me from freaking or spending on things I dont truely need and in the end Im never broke Smile

04/13/2010 10:33 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

You are inspiring Smile I should do that! I hate doing the paycheck to paycheck thing.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved