Ask a Question
02/01/2010 11:08 AM

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ

silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone,

On Jan. 29 a Michelle Friedman contacted Anna. Michelle is a producer for the Dr. Oz show, which airs here every day at 11 am. They deal openly with medical issues facing people in today's world. On Feb. 9 they are doing a show on agoraphobia and will have a panic disorder professional in the studio. They are looking for someone who suffers with agoraphobia to be on the show. They will send a film crew to your house and interview you via satellite or possibly skype if you have it. I have spoke to Michelle and this is not a joke, she is definitely a producer for the show. If you have any interest in appearing on the show you can contact Michelle at 212-259-1586 and discuss it with her personally. They seem to want an agoraphobic not just a person who suffers from panic attacks. If you have any questions for me just send me a PM.

Thanks,

Anna and silver

x48

02/01/2010 11:49 AM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

FYI The Dr. Oz show, if you haven't seen it, is produced by Oprah's company and is broadcast nationwide. This is a pretty big deal so go get your 15 minutes of fame! I'll be in the closet for the next 10 days!

02/01/2010 12:38 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

Hey Silver I need rent money do you think they could help me with that? I would be terrified to be on tv but I would do it for rent, I am getting alittle desperate. Other than that NO I do not want strangers in my house!!!lol They will have to find another HOmie to scare the heckk out of. Rea

02/01/2010 12:59 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

OK, I know everyone is now in the closet or behind the couch but I want you to remember that this could be a good opportunity for someone. It might result it being taken more seriously when it comes to seeking help. Please keep that in mind. I am sure it would not be as scary as we imagine. Nothing ever is.

02/01/2010 01:05 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

Hey Anna you are really brave you could do it.

02/01/2010 01:05 PM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sorry, I haven't been diagnosed so I am out, I guess. There are plenty others of you though. I wish everyone the best of luck.

02/01/2010 01:07 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

I do not even have a doctor yet so they would not want me and besides I am sure there are people who have been a homie longer than I have on here.

02/01/2010 01:18 PM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Okay... I'm out because of family issues. Oh well. I really hope someone from the group does it though, I expect to see someone on the show next week! Smile No pressure Wink

02/01/2010 01:47 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Hey Rea, who said big mouth = brave???? LOL.

I think there are some people who could benefit more than me at this point, plus TV makes you look fat! Hahahaha. OK, that was a joke.

02/01/2010 01:54 PM
Rea
Rea  
VIP Member

Well in that case I really do not want to do it. I just lost some weight and I do not need to think I gained it all back already!! I will be behind the couch with Kevin discussing bravery and such! lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved