MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/15/2009 11:44 AM

Prescription Meds

lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

What precription meds have you found to be effective or have heard to be effective in the treatment of Agoraphobia? I am in the middle of a med change and I am seeing my med doc in a couple of weeks. Anxiety has been a huge problem for me, as to be expected this time of year. I didn't know if anyone had suggestions.

12/15/2009 11:52 AM
Knightmare
KnightmarePosts: 1660

The one that works for my depression is Effexor. I haven't found a med for anxiety except for xanax and I don't take it unless I absolutely have it.

12/15/2009 01:50 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

I take clonazepam for my panic but I would not recommend it unless absolutely necessary because of how highly addictive it is. It is the only thing that has ever really worked for me and I know I will be taking it forever. My panic disorder was very severe though. I hear celexa works well for depression and anxiety. It is a SSRI and it takes a few weeks to kick in.

12/15/2009 02:31 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Thanks guys. Anna I have never taken clonazepam, is that a generic or brand name medication? I was thinking it may be easier to list everything that I have already been prescibed in attempts to get relief.

my list of meds:

lorezepan/ ativan

Paxil

celexa

zoloft

effexor

serzone

lexapro

wellbutrin

xanax

buspar

lithium

lamictal

seroquel

Im sure there is a couple I forgot but I have been having a hard time finding something that gives me any relief. I feel like I take to much medication yet I still feel anxious and panicky most of the time that I leave my house. Anyone know of something I haven't tried.

12/15/2009 02:49 PM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Wow! That is a list...why didn't you alphabetize them!? LOL

12/15/2009 02:56 PM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

i take the clonazepam like anna and i love it. been on it for years and for me it has worked the best for anxiety.

danielle, i look at that list of pills you take and i can't help but wonder about drug interactions. seems like a good chance of disaster there, or a really good high!!

12/15/2009 03:02 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

I don't take all of them now. In the beginnig it was one med at a time in addition to xanax. Come to find out all the antidepressants were just making me worse because Im bipolar. Now I have to take anti-d's with mood stabilizers. Right now the only meds that are taken for anxiety is zoloft and xanax. The lithium and lamictal and seroquelxr are for my crazy mood swings.

12/15/2009 03:10 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Kitten Mittens sorry no ABC here that would take me all day LOL!!! They are in order of when I took them though. Since I have to recite them to any and all doctors, its like a song. My doc laughs when we have to go through them, shes really funny. She said next time we were going to start the what you haven't been on yet list because it would be shorter, hahaha.

12/15/2009 03:19 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Clonazepam is also called Klonopin or Rivotril.

12/15/2009 03:29 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Ok, thanks I have heard of Klonopin. I was thinking that they were one in the same. My doc has listed that one but I haven't tried it yet.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved