MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/12/2009 11:58 AM

Important.....Please read !

ConnieinColorado
ConnieinColorado  

Dear Silver,

I'm following everyone and agree with all of my heart. This group would not have gotten highlighted on Roy's posting about how this group changed from being disputatious (I've been using my dictionary to learn new words, and LOVE that one!) and finding fault to seeing the good in others -- and the HUMAN side.

Are we all always going to say the right thing for everyone? No! Can we possibly have every member agree with every word posted? That is preposterous!

Lisa, you said it so well. We always have to discriminate about what we read, talk out, listen to, watch, etc. For example, a few members said they didn't like the Christmas song about the boy wanting to buy beautiful shoes for his mother so she would have them to meet Jesus. I happen to like the song and also, my mother passed away on December 3 so I know that longing and loneliness. But am I going to bash the members who said they didn't like the song? That is so ridiculous.

When maturity and a good sense of boundaries is involved, people will pick and choose what they read on here. I gloss over some of it, particularly because I'm pretty busy and want to make sure I read and send support for the most important issues -- like this one.

Yes, we don't know who complained, but a disgruntled member for whom this group didn't benefit could have. This group is not for everyone. Sometimes when people are hurting, they just lash out. You are the one to have the unfortunate role of being the group leader who has the most clout. Guess who will be complained about?

Please, please, do not let it make you step down, Silver. It will only make you stronger as you are a person who really takes a look at his behavior and you so want to help! You have helped me beyond what I could even explain. I had to face a special ed teacher a few years ago when she put down the student with whom I was working. Well, the consequences, for me, were a disaster because of my fears. I disassociated on my way to work, and had a car accident. Of course, I have worked on that a lot in therapy. Please don't let fear or anger stop you from leading this group.

Your personality is that of wit and sensitivity. I KNOW there's a sensitive guy there Smile, but you like to joke and that is YOU. As everyone said, we can't, and shouldn't, change our personalities because I feel love and respect guide us to be such a strong group. If there was no love nor respect, this group wouldn't be strong.

Face it. No one will like everything, and my suggestion is to just put: 'R' rated on the title of threads OR when you post anything that may be risque, just put a sentence right at the beginning: THIS MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME. I RESPECT YOUR RIGHT TO DISREGARD THIS POST AND GO ON TO ANOTHER.

Love you, Silver! You are here ALWAYS for people. You are, and always have, done a fantastic job. An interesting point was brought up by some of the women here -- we get over the top, too, so why were there no complaints about us?

YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB AND IF YOU STEP DOWN, I WILL PERSONALLY GET TO ST. LOUIS AND DRAG YOU BACK TO THIS GROUP! I HAVE NO FEAR OF DRIVING OR FLYING, SO DON'T YOU DARE EVEN CONSIDER STEPPING DOWN! I AM USING MY POWERS AS A GROUP LEADER!

Hugs to everyone. . . we will weather many storms here, but the sun always comes out after and I know that for me, it only makes me stronger. You are the rock here, Silver. The storm is passing, and the sun is about to shine.Smile

Post edited by: ConnieinColorado, at: 12/12/2009 12:03 PM

12/12/2009 09:48 PM
AngiePants
AngiePantsPosts: 484

Merry Christmas.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved