2 stalks celery, chopped

1 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, cut each grape in half

2 medium apple

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

salt & pepper to taste

lettuce leafs

whole wheat bread

Peel and core apples, cut into 1/2 inch pieces. In a small bowl combine apples and lemon, stir and let set for a few minutes. Drain off lemon juice.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, onion, celery, grapes, apple, walnuts and salt & pepper. Cover and chill. Spread chicken salad on bread, top chicken with lettuce add second piece of bread. Serves 4 to 8, enjoy

Serving ideas;

Cut out the stem of a nice big tomato. Slice it in quarters from the top, but not cutting clear though to the bottom skin, then set the tomato on a big leaf of lettuce, spoon chicken salad into the center of tomato, sprinkle with paprika.

Spread on snack crackers.

Spread on 2 slices of your favorite bread.

Top a nice green salad with 2 tablespoon of chicken salad.

05/23/2011 11:34 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

ummmmm sounds delicousSmile

04/15/2012 07:20 PM
onlinesales
onlinesales  
Group Leader

Grapes and an apple?How quaint sounding as I have heard of adding walnuts before but due to some loose and missing fillings, no can do-lol!

Earlier this evening, I just whipped some up-similar to your recipe-I used 2 cans of white chicken ($2 can at Dollar General) PLUS mayo PLUS diced celery and few onions, PLUS smidgeon of mustard...I set is aside in fridge to be used probably tomorrow and next day-I try to make enough so as not to run out; also good for unexpected company on once again Generic far cheaper than but bet made by Ritz round Crackers from Dollar General...

Cleaning supplies always cheaper there, too

04/16/2012 08:20 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

I buy neary all my cleaning supplies at dollor store we have 3 different kinds right up the road. Also lots of gro items they are cheaper. Wal mart next they are soo much cheaper than the big grocery stores. Hope everybodys week is getting off to good start. I probaly wont have many recipes as I dont cook much at all anymore and cant remember many from when I did cook.Sorry. My lungs keep me from doing a lot of things but I am soo thankful for being able to do as much as I do. I give God all the credit.Smile

04/16/2012 08:49 AM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Do you have a Dollar Tree where you live? Everything is 1.00.

04/17/2012 06:02 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

I have one in next larger city but it is kind hard to get to but I do go there when I get a chance.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved