MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/14/2012 03:24 AM

State Trooper -Again!

Nevayda

VIP Member

A Georgia State trooper pulls over a pickup on I-75 and says to the driver,

"Got any ID?" "Bout wut?" says the driver!

04/14/2012 07:31 AM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I can remember the old-timers saying idee, for "idea." Brings back memories of listening to grandpa talk.

04/14/2012 07:40 AM
Nevayda

VIP Member

How are you doing Violet? How is the moving going?

04/14/2012 11:10 AM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm doing better. Finally, after about 9-10 sessions in PT, the back is starting to improve!

We've packed all we can at this point. After Wednesday, we can start moving things into the new house. But we'll stay here until after the reunion, so things are moving slowly. That's best for us anyway. We don't ever move too fast.

How are you doing?

04/14/2012 03:00 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Glad ur doing better it is better to go slow at our ageTongue Before u know it u will be there.

04/14/2012 03:44 PM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes. Soon I can start settling in.

Here's an example of a true friend. Our next door neighbor and good friend bought our house we are in now. She told us she won't file the title until she knows we are happy in our new home. If we are too homesick and want to come back, we can buy it back from her. I couldn't believe it! Bless her heart. I know we won't come back, but it is good to know she loves us that much! We've been neighbors and friends for 17 years.

04/14/2012 05:13 PM
Nevayda

VIP Member

That's truely extraordinary!

04/14/2012 07:37 PM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

For sure! Of course we wouldn't dream of taking her up on it, but it is nice to know she is that good of a friend.

04/14/2012 11:26 PM
onlinesales
onlinesales  
Group Leader

I'm losing my home of 16 years as long time customer of mine had problems with her tenant, ended up holding mortgage for it at $200/month BUT it needs tons of remopdeling-

When you are done moving, can you come down and help me?I have 3 warehouses of stuff to move, let alone, where will I put it all ?

Initially, I Thought if I parted out with it, sold it, would nOT have to move it all-I have some storage but will be losing 2 car garage space in new house-

I tried auction venue few years ago, auctioneer forgot my RESERVES on things like my carboval gl;ass, ets c-such was just after my accident left me with back brace-but I got conned out of some nice things like that, cut glass etc back then-but NOW oddly, such was time when auctioneer was behind on rent, ended up leaving town UNANNOUNCED between his auction on a Friday night, time to pick up money following Monday, place was locked up tight-Sheriff's car there and bunch of other people worried me-They had auctioned off many of my , better antiques and collectibles plus what i have been saving as prices REALLY HIGH NOW again with reserve prices, my sterling jewelry, and heirloom flatware set-place was locked tight-I asked how is this possible? They pacled up and left, apparently went out of town, so many complaints at BBB and court filed against them but no one knows where they went

So I tried before that, local consignment shop for nice clothing, some new clothing, wedding dress + p[rom dresses, party stuff, vintage clothing. my past business suits, plus also some decorative mirrors, paintings, artwork, plus never will get into again many skinny clothes, -each month, got small check, so naturally, at 120 day mark, they give it away so on 90 day mark,went to get my unsold things but where are they?They say they are NOT LIABLE FOR MISSING THINGS? Day I went to pick such up, their showcase, no lock on such-so my jewelry is long gone-I asked why>?They said they are Christian church shop, never had any complaints-they sold some thing but I got back some clothing but that's about it-

I also consigned trailer load each to 2 local dealers-oddly, when I see them, i never see my own stuff, we both have carbon copy of stuff I have them to sell for me, yet never got paid, but when I see them at fleamarket, they say they got such packed up at home or tell me they d tried, cannot sell such or outright FORGOT my things, will bring next time but seems to jnever come-one gal has had my stuff since last Sept, now season is over, want my stuff back whilst other I was told went back up north already-I checked with trauiler park where she was staying as she also sells online, they said she left 2 weeks ago.

So what happened to honest people? As i get older, am finding more and more unscrupulous folks out there-

I'd hoped to earn the $ 600 deposit I needed to come up with for electric by my friend;s former tenants to turn power on in my name selling that stuff-I got diddley squat-

I tried craigslist but I set up appt, either no one shows up at appt or when they do they want stuff far cheaper than am offering it for-Like BBQ frill for $54 is cheap, George foreman grill for $5 is cheap, Ronco Rotisserie for $15 is cheap considering I paid $100+ for such, stereo with 3 CD changer, dual cassette play./record amnd stereo receiver with speakers, RCA for $35, ditto for 27" color TV/VCR/100+ movies for $40- I ended up getting just $10 for tv, got $10 for working vCRl DVD player i took to fleamarket, someone stoile it along with computer overnight between days t there0-so had to be inside job-

As economy gets worse, more and more stealing I have found

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved