Nevayda

VIP Member

yes

03/13/2011 11:35 AM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I remember that. Back then, a lady didn't have to get her hands dirty and was expected to let men take care of her. I do like being more independent though, and not being treated like I'm helpless. However, I'd accept the gas station help nowadays if it was available! Wink

03/13/2011 12:38 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
VIP Member

Now don't get carried away there. Remember I manage a convienience store with gas and a car wash, and it would be me out there pumping your gas and checken your oil. Not happening, but it was a good thought.

Sue

03/13/2011 02:17 PM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Oh Sue, I forgot, LOL. I think the point is that younger kids don't have a clue of anything like those days where "service" was a normal daily event..

03/13/2011 03:35 PM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sue, I didn't know you did that. You are truly a liberated woman, aren't you? I like to think I am too - and I would be if I were in better health and could get out in the world more. Inside, I'm just a kid with so much I want to do, but my body has other ideas..... Sad

03/13/2011 06:53 PM
Nevayda

VIP Member

I went for a drive today with m y daughter. It was so nice to get away from the house. I stay home more because I babysit and also because of gas prices. It was just a real nice change to go somewhere that I seldom get a chance to go. I also had a coffee, and when I got home, I raked, where I'm going to put wildflowers, and, raked outside the back door, where I will have to put shade loving flowers, and I did so much today, that I think I better go back to having coffee every day.

03/13/2011 07:06 PM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That little bit of caffiene helps the energy level. Glad you had such a good day.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved