MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2010 06:40 PM

Hello

Twilightsprincess

Hi Everyone,

My name is Emily and I've had AOSD for about 10 years now. It has totally taken over my life...I try to stay positive but at times it is very hard. I have chronic pleurisy and joint pain. It all started when I was 23 years old. I thought I had the flu, but I just kept getting worse and worse. My doctor admitted me into the hospital and within 48 hours my heart started failing. Every muscle and joint in my body was screaming and I didn't even know if I was going to live or die. I was in the intensive cardiac unit for about 2 weeks and then once they got my heart under control they moved me to the regular part of the hospital where I stayed for about a week and then went home. I live on pain medication just to get up and around and struggle with extreme fatigue. At times I feel so alone that I finally thought I needed to find some others out there who understand this struggle...I'm 33 years old and most days I feel 80!

04/21/2010 06:45 PM
kindredspirit09
kindredspirit09  
I'm an Advocate

Hi Emily!

I know how you feel. I have been diagnosed less than a year, but have been sick about 5ish years. The joint pain is the worst for me. I also have pleurisy, and have now had pneumonia 4 times since last August (2009). Most days I feel like death, or wish for it. My disease is not yet under control.

BIG WARM WELCOME AND HUGS!

Angela

04/21/2010 06:56 PM
Twilightsprincess

Mine isn't under control either so I feel ya. I just want a normal life! I wish they would do some more research on this disease...It is so rare they don't even know how to treat it. I remember about 3 years ago I went to emergency because I couldn't breathe my lungs were so inflammed and when I told them what I had they didn't even know what I was talking about! They actually had to look it up on the internet to see how to treat me. It was incredible!!!

I hope you get some relief soon I know how days can seem like years when you are so miserable..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved