MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/15/2010 06:29 PM

Hello

glensgirl
glensgirl  

Hey everyone I crave caffeine and used to crave sugar but no longer have to get it. I was diagnosed with Addison's disease (which kills) w/o meds, many doctors told me "you have adrenal gland problems" but in November of 2003 I was correctly diagnosed with ad.

Did yall know President Kennedy had addisons?

03/15/2010 06:44 PM
bob3bob3
bob3bob3Posts: 4213

Yup I knew that and I am an Australian!

You can see that replacement steroid treatment back in JFK's era was a bit excessive. His face was a bit puffy at times..

Many of us in this group have had a pretty inept performance by medical professionals...

Didja know Paul Hogan use to be a painter/rigger on the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Cheers Bob (actually in Texas until Saturday...)

03/15/2010 11:22 PM
gwebb
gwebbPosts: 400

Hi Glennsgirl.... this is a great group here. I too, crave coffee BIG TIME. I'm not diagnosed though, I also crave sugar and salt too.

As bob has mentioned, I feel as if I'm running into some inept performances by the medical professionals as well.

Join in and welcome

Gail

03/16/2010 01:18 PM
ITeach91
ITeach91  
VIP Member

Hi Glennsgirl, welcome to our forum. I am glad to see you have met a couple of our members already, just join in any conversation and you will soon have a lot of new, supportive friends.

I am glad you have already been diagnosed, for many people here that is one of the main hurdles. If you have any questions, just post them.

Welcome again,

Deb

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved