MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/02/2012 09:05 PM

Lost and now found

ButtonButton
ButtonButtonPosts: 1149

I joined this community about 6 weeks ago, although I had been browsing and learning from its members and interactions. What I saw impressed me. I, too wanted to participate and give forward to offer hope to others.

I have been absent for awhile. In the hospital with a small intestine obstruction and extensive surgery. My colon perforated about a year ago due to high-dose steroids for adrenal insufficiency, so I am not a stranger to intestinal reroutings.

Yesterday arrived 2 messages from members here inquiring as to if I was alright. My absence had been noted and, like family, they were worried.

I was and am deeply touched. That 2 people would reach out to a relative new commer to see if I was lost or needed connection speaks volumes as to the depth of care and compassion on this forum. I am deeply touched and humbled.

My health situation is serious. I underwent surgery yesterday, and came through with flying colors. Thr more significant speedbumps have to do with my limited endocrine function (pituitary failure and severe adrenal insufficiency).

With prayer and a strong spirit and positive thoughts/energy all will be well.

Thank you, one and all here, for caring and sending positive energy in my direction. It is working!

As a point of information, I am on a 14 hour continuous hydrocortison IV drip to better titrate and infuse my daily maintenance dose + small stress dosing. It seems to be most helpful. IV bolus solumedrol or hydrocortisone is still needed, but much less frequently than without the continuous drip. My endi says this is a new treatment approach of adrenal insufficiency that is showing promise.

I am posting from my hospital bed using my iPhone. Are not smart phones amazing?

Be well and best to all in the coming room,

- Button/Button -

01/03/2012 10:03 AM
Nymph
NymphPosts: 231

It's Karen, right? I am so sorry to hear about what you've been going through and also very relieved that you are pulling through! I will be praying for you as you recover. I know - this group is great, isn't it?

hugs,

Nicole

01/03/2012 10:10 AM
hypomama
hypomama  

Thank you for updating us. I hope that this will be a positive start to your New Year - how a hospital stay is a positive start I'm not sure, but I bet we could start a discussion on the blessings of it! Lets see...no cooking? Watching crummy TV? Getting to know you smart phone better than you ever thought? Interesting about the steroid drip. I hope that you are home soon and that you heal quickly.

Becky

01/03/2012 04:37 PM
ITeach91
ITeach91  
VIP Member

Oh I am so happy that others here stepped up and made you feel supported. You are going through a lot. Thank you for sharing your story, and please let us know how you are doing.

Deb

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved