MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2011 10:18 AM

Stress

ITeach91
ITeach91  
VIP Member

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with a staggering blow at work - budget cuts most likely will mean I'm out of my job next year unless they magically find another way to gain or cut funds. I could bump someone who is lower on the totem pole but it would not be the job I've loved for 20 years- working with gifted students. Another choice is to retire but I'm not sure I'm prepared for that financially.

I'm broken hearted. I can't sleep, feel nauseous, a bit weepy off and on, and I'm having muscle cramps in my upper back/neck. Don't know if I should stress dose for this. What do you guys think?

I keep telling myself, one day at a time - no big deal. But when you see your life's work being thrown away it is a big deal, at least for me. It wasn't just a job to me, I was building something that I meant to pass on.

Deb

02/06/2011 10:53 AM
Waytoohandsome

Deb, so sorry to hear!!

I would consider stress dose, stress can be emotional not just physical.

Perspective takes time. You're right about one day at a time....

02/07/2011 01:53 AM
LittleMissMerrySunshine
LittleMissMerrySunshine  
Group Leader

Deb,

You know I'm a strong believer in stress causing a need for stress dosing. Emotional stress can take just as big a toll on the body as physical stress...and it sounds like your situation is one of those.

I would also recommend talking with someone. If you don't already have a therapist, or maybe your pastor, someone you feel comfortable with...just get it all out and get an independent perspective on it.

I'm so sorry to hear what is going on. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cynthia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved