MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2008 06:41 PM

hoping to find understanding

zeethrewme
zeethrewme  

Hi. I am new to the group. I always knew I was adopted since I was old enough to sign my own court papers. I gave up any expectations of finding my mother. I dreamt about what she may look like or whether or not I may have had any siblings. I never heard from anyone until recenently. I received an email from a girl younger than me who stated I was her sister and that our mom, (my bio)had committed suicide in Vegas 2001. The same year and place coincidently that I was married. Wishing I could've seen her then. I also was told i have a brother who also committed suicide when he was 28, two years ago in 2006, after returning home from the army. I am not surprised since my bio dad had committed suicide when I was about 4 years old. I guess it just runs in the family. I am extremely depressed now. The sister has not talked to me. After two weeks of continuous talking and swapping of photos, she realized I was too much of my mother and it scared her. She has withdrawn from the relationship. I am back to feeling alone and abandoned. Not sure what to do, I saw a Dr. who gave me some pills and referred me to a psychologist. I am feeling depressed and hoping to find support here. I have never joined a support group. I must have hit rock bottom. Thanks for listening. I am open to advice.

01/23/2009 11:46 PM
zeethrewme
zeethrewme  

and I guess no-one's going to read this. . . . . um. . . okay. . .

01/25/2009 07:50 PM
sweetpea012607

I am so sorry that no one has replied to you until now, I was recently assigned leader and I'm still trying to get my bearings, forgive me.

You have a very sad story, I am truly at a loss for words. I know it's hard to lose someone when you never knew you had them, and I know that I can tell you that I'm sorry all day. BUT, how is your relationship with your sister going? Has she contacted you?

02/25/2009 04:37 PM
Sqkn
Sqkn  

I just read your story... I was adopted myself and while I cannot imagine what you're going through, my (bio)mom and her side of the family send only sporradic emails. After several years I've realized that that's how it is with them, and while it's sad I know I cannot change them.

I'm sorry you sister has withdrawn so completely from you. You said you were married, has your husband been able to offer any support? Even just a shoulder to lean on can be a big help.

I'm sorry no one got back to you quickly Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved