MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2009 05:50 PM

I was adopted the day I was born

Jennifer131

I was adopted the day I was born, I would like to talk with others that have been adopted.

My name is Jennifer.

04/09/2009 06:01 PM
sweetpea012607

Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the adoption group. I too am an adoptee and was adopted at birth as well. Feel free to message me or post here at anytime.

11/05/2010 02:16 AM
momof4cats
momof4cats  

Hi. I was also adopted and found my biological parents if you want to know anything, just ask.

11/17/2010 11:53 AM
Dancergirl8

Hey Jennifer, what a coincidence, my name is Jennifer too! I was adopted when I was 3 months and I turn 18 this summer, going to be starting my search to find my birth family. Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk Smile

02/07/2011 12:29 PM
JAYEPAWS
JAYEPAWS  

Hi Jennifer, I was adopted when I was 6 weeks old I came to early my birth mom was bleeding so they had to take me. I have two older brothers that are adopted too. not birth brothers. I'm happy I have the family I do have I know they care & love me. but I feel like I have a piece missing from my being.

I would love to know who I look like take after but I did look up info on my birth parents my mom wrote more about her family than my fathers side. so I don't know if she was mad at him for backing out of getting married.

or she really didn't know much about him. I was so stressed out back in the 90 so I called the agency where I was born & they gave me info. I have a brother & sister who is older than me.

I have cerebral palsy I think that resulted in my mom bleeding no oxygen down the birth canal it's a mild case of it.

my therapist I have abandonment issues because of that. but it's just me. I was diagnosed with bpd too. I love my family . I had an operation on my leg to correct the cerebral palsy & I had cross eyes too. & i got them fix. if I was with my birth mom I might not have had them done. Jaye

02/08/2011 02:27 PM
amandafeher25
amandafeher25  
I'm an Advocate

Hey Jennifer! I was adopted in first grade by my first grade teacher. Adoption is such an amazing thing. It saved my life.

02/20/2011 07:49 AM
sweetpea012607

Amanda,

that is so great for you, I'm glad you have had a wonderful experience in your adoption.

SP

04/26/2012 08:47 AM
loraina
loraina  

Blessing Jennifer, I'm not sure if you are still on the board. I was gave away right after I was born. I won't say any more until I see if you are still here. Hope to hear from you. Many blessings, LorainaSmile

04/26/2012 09:39 PM
duhhhjess
duhhhjess  

Adoption really is amazing. I'm so thankful I was adopted at 3 months old. I'm 24 and met my birthmother when I was 17. That didn't go over so well when I found out 12 years later she had a daughter that she was able to keep. We didn't speak for years after that trip. I will say that she took my birthfather pictures of me around the time I met her. He didn't want to have anything to do with me because he didn't believe any of it. October 24, 2010 his sister found me on Facebook and he and I talked for the first time that night. I flew down to meet him for the first time in February 2011. He's amazing and we're constantly in touch. My parents have no problem with him being a part of my life. If anything me spending the time with him that I do has helped me to grow as a person and understand why I was put up for adoption. This past February, I saw my birthmother again. She and her daughter picked me up from the airport. Seeing them this past February was a great experience. I have a little (half) sister. Although having a relationship with my birthparents has been great, its been really hard too. I have a family here that I love more than anything in this world, but now 24 years later I have another family that I love too. Meeting your birthparents is complicated.

05/16/2012 05:25 PM
duhhhjess
duhhhjess  

i definitely agree that meeting birth parents is difficult, but it was also a great experience for me. i'm so much like my birth father and don't get along with my birth mother very well, but i love her daughter (my half sister) to death. are you still in contact with your birth mother?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved