MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2009 12:14 AM

new here

joanneb

Hi i have a 10 year old son who is diagnosed with tourette syndrome,adhd and ocd but its the adhd that causes the most problems.He was falling behind at school although he is very bright he couldnt concentrate.I know we dont like to medicate our kids if we can help it but its been a godsend for us.He cant take ritalin as it makes his tics worse so has been on strattera for over a year now.I went to his parents evening last night and he is 2 years ahead of what he should be for maths.His report is great.The only side effect was lack of appetite but that seems to have worn off eventually.looking forward to chatting with you all.We are in the uk by the way.

jo

04/02/2009 11:42 AM
littlebopeep1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

No we don't medcate our children but sometimes we really don't have much of a choice, in what we feel is right or wrong for them. I have been going through this for over 15 years with oldest and he has alot of problems himself....And I have only been going with this with youngest since the beginning of last years.. If you going look into my profile it will tell you everything..Need help or just talk PM me anytime.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved