MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/14/2009 11:02 AM

fludrocortisone(page 4)

teri72193
teri72193  

It seems we are going through so much similarity right now. I have been very confused and foggy and I had 5 performances in a play I am in and on the last night I am standing there and I am just sure I am going to go down, but I was able to get through. After the holidays I am going to just take about a month and just rest and do nothing. At least that is what I am telling myself. I haven't been getting much warning lately, it has been happening really, really fast. I have an appointment on Thursday and I am going to have a heart to heart with my Endo and see what we can do. Thanks for your kind words for listening. You are in my thoughts as well!

12/15/2009 09:32 AM
dollsie
dollsiePosts: 312

Yes, it's really weird how these things happen sometimes! It's a relief to be in good company, although of course I wish we could do without procedures and surgeries! I'm thinking of you and wishing you strength and clarity this week. Glad to hear you'll be seeing your endo in a couple of days. Hang in there and take a break when you need one!!

I'm scheduled to have a PICC (IV) line placed tomorrow in order to start long-term antibiotic therapy. I'm a little nervous because I think they use light sedation, and I've never done well with that (honestly would almost rather be put under general anesthesia). But, gotta do it, right?!

Thanks again Teri.

Leigh

12/15/2009 09:35 AM
teri72193
teri72193  

Right. I had that done and all they did was give me a local. It wasn't too bad. It was great for while I was in the hospital for a month, they could do blood draws and it was how I received my nutrition. Good luck, keep it dry!

12/15/2009 04:03 PM
dollsie
dollsiePosts: 312

Good to know. Thanks!

03/19/2010 12:04 PM
bustercrtse

LOL, your going to love this, I have a warning label that says "may require refrigeration, check label" and there is no other label that says what to do with it... In the USA and guess they're still confused.

05/30/2010 01:02 AM
ooulabi

I am in the UK and my Doctor said that it was only a recent recommendation, it was not like this in the past. Which good news for me as I go travelling and it's not in the fridge for up to 24 hours, I've been assured it does not destroy the tablet.

06/01/2010 02:11 PM
Noski

I spoke to my pharmacist regarding fludrocortisone kept out of the fridge. He contacted the manufacturers who stated that the medicine can be stable out of the fridge for up to 6 months (but could not meet 2 year regulations - hence refrigeration.) My pharmacist, therefore, recommended that, should I wish to travel/camp etc, to make sure my fludrocortisone had more than 6 months left before expiry. That was such a relief. I don't have to freeze bottles of water and attach my fludrocortisone tablets. I can travel abroad like an (almost) normal person.

06/02/2010 07:37 PM
Loralee
LoraleePosts: 54

My pharmacist told me not to keep it out of the fridge for more than 12 hrs.

06/05/2010 06:03 PM
Samthecat

I am new to this type of support group forum. My dtr is on Fludrocort and we have never been told to keep this med in the refrigerator. Can you tell me more about doing this and why?

11/25/2010 11:22 AM
chumley27

hi, i actually know this answer

the makers of fludro ran tests in 2007 and found that the medicine lasts longer when stored in the fridge.

personally, i also notice that it is a little more effective when stored in the fridge as well

it ships to the pharmacy in a cooler (at least in ontario it does)

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved