MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/13/2010 11:23 PM

Hello again

wonmoreday
wonmoreday  

Hello all again when I first discovered this site I vowed to visit daily. Needless to say a series of unfortunate events (including unemployment, no computer, ect.) I stopped before I even got started. I have been clean since May 2008 with the assitance of subox. today I went to my monthly visit and discovered that the PAP I was on to get the meds had expired earlier this month. I now have to buckle down and reach out to others in order to ween myself off the meds and I am scared to death! So far I have gone from two tabs daily to one with no problems. I tried to do the 1/2 tab but by day 4 I start to feel discomfort so back up to one tab again. I know now that I have to get off the meds. I cant afford them and the doctor visit. I talked to my doctor today and he also knows about my current finicial situation. I think the fear of detox keeps me on the meds. but then again I know this is the only treatment that has kept me sober for over two years. Not to mention my biggest fear of relapse. I work in the health care field and know that the suboxene has helped me advoid any temptation. There is so much more to this story and I know that there are others who share the same story as me. Somehow in all our life stories we all can find unity and relate in someway or another. I pray I will be able to overcome my fears and actually share in this forum instead of just reading an entry every now and then. Thank you to all who have the courage to post in this forum your words of encouragement are deeply appreciated!

12/15/2010 05:58 AM
alovesopure
alovesopure  

hello wonmoreday! welcome:] i too have a similar story to yours. i had no insurance [just got medicaid though] and the only one who was paying for my suboxone and expensive doctor visits was my dad. well last month out of the blue, he wrote me a long email about how im basically on my own with that and everything else...

i have no job. i have no income. with certain help from my mom and friends, ive still gotten my sboxone, but i have no doctor right now. my dad said i cant see my old doctor anymore. which by the way i love! hes awesome and really understanding. ive been on suboxone and been seeing this same doctor for over a year now. i didnt want anything to change. but my dad said he wasn't paying for it anymore. it is expensive, but my opinion worth it! so last night i went to this shitty little clinic in the valley [the ghetto here] to get my suboxone and see a doctor...per my dad's request because it costs 30 bucks at this place i guess. well they told me they're full till the 3rd of Jan, i can come back then and maybe ill get in... i was like really?? so i ended up buying suboxone off the street last night because i needed some!

i have some money that just came in from my car accident. im planning on seeing my old doctor, scheduling an appt with the money that i have. im on 1 pill/day, but feel like its not really enough. i hope i can go back to 2/day or maybe even 1 1/2 a day, but the thing is, i dont know if i can afford that. the film strips are cheaper, but i prefer the pills.

anyway, enough rambling! haha. glad you are here:] and i hope to see you posting more! tk <3

12/15/2010 09:50 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

I've tapered myself down from 12mg and now I'm all the way down to .2mg. I'm doing a liquid taper. You crush the pill and mix it with water and that way you can drop down by .2mg each time. You can go really slow and its been great for me. But I've been on and off of it for the past four years. And I've been on it for the past year and a half straight, so I'm ready to get off of it. My dr wanted me to stay on it forever, but I'm ready to be completely opiate free. Stay strong. And I'm glad that yall found Suboxone because it saved my life!

12/22/2010 10:18 PM
wonmoreday
wonmoreday  

Thank you soo much for your post reply hope you are feeling better and getting meds like you should. It is a God send for me as well I know nothing else has kept me from using much less even drinking. Suboxone took care of both of those problems for me. Merry Christmas and hope next year is bigger and better than ever. I feel if I for once actually did everything I should life would be a whole lot easier. Keep me posted

12/30/2010 11:13 PM
BILL2011
BILL2011  

I am glad you ladies have posted this. I have been considering trying a form of medical treatment (I am a veteran and thought of going to the VA and seeing if I could be prescribed something)...but from what I am hearing, it is just trading one sinking ship for another. The only real way to deal with this is to deal with it by support groups, and what ever other sources may be available....drugs are what caused the problem...they are not the answer is what I am hearing

03/06/2011 07:51 PM
Sandi247
Sandi247  

Hi Everyone, I just had to add my 2 cents here. First, let me say, I got clean the old fashioned way. Cold Turkey off crack and alcohol. Trust me when I say,,,it suxed! So, whatever works for you all is fantastic! I don't know much about Suboxone but some have had some success with using it for fibromyalgia. Sounds very exciting to me.

I have 8 days without smoking today! Yay! My friend gave me some nicotine gum and it is nasty stuff. I read online some people don't quit the gum, so they don't smoke but chew. That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Of course in your position, people will be concerned about substituting one for another. But the main thing to focus on here is one's behavior. Sometimes it has to be as simple as, I'm not falling down drunk today! It's also important as people with addiction problems, to make sure to deal with our feelings. What am I feeling? Feel it, don't escape it. Pain is part of life,,,,emotions are there for a reason, don't numb yourself.

Ok, Ok,,,I'll get off my soapbox now,,,,LOL. Good luck and keep up the positive sobriety!

Hugs,

Sandi

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved