MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2008 09:39 PM

Hi, New

queenie20

Hi I am new to this site.Hoping to make new friends Started using prescription drugs about 2 and a half tears ago, Now I am a mess?

06/09/2008 09:49 AM
AliveAgain
AliveAgain  

Check out a drug called Suboxone. You can go to NAABT.org and they will find you a doctor in your area to prescribe it. I was in the same position you are for 3 years and I have been on Suboxone for about 4 months and I don't even have cravings for drugs anymore. Please do it and good luck!

06/10/2008 12:49 AM
snowboardinggirl
snowboardinggirl  

Does Suboxone help for marijuana cravings? I guess I can ask my doctor. If you need help with Alcohol withdrawals cravings etc. I started taking Campral one week after my last drink as prescribed. I haven't had a drink since 90+ days ago and don't go to more the one meeting a week. It really worked well for me.

06/10/2008 06:36 AM
AliveAgain
AliveAgain  

Congratulations to you for not drinking! I am not sure about suboxone helping with marijuana. It is an opiate supressor and it is not a narcotic, so it's not like methadone. But, I would definitely ask your doctor about it, because it may help.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the marijuana! Smile

06/10/2008 11:37 AM
snowboardinggirl
snowboardinggirl  

Are you thinking about taking Suboxone? Does anything help you for your addiction? Do you go to meetings?

06/11/2008 06:39 AM
AliveAgain
AliveAgain  

I have been taking it for about 4 months now. I was addicted to pain pills/ opiates for about 3 years... and I mean HEAVILY addicted. I have not even had a craving since I started taking suboxone. The first 2 days or so I had very, very little withdrawel symptoms, but after that there has been nothing. My doctor says that I could stay on it for the rest of my life if I wanted to, because there are no side affects at all.

I know I sound like a commercial for this stuff, but I just want everybody to know about it, because it has literally changed my life and there really isn't any advertisement for it out there. I found out about it by chance on the Howard Stern show!

Also, to answer your question, I don't go to meetings, but my doctor is also a psychiatrist and he has me on an antidepressant (I have been depressed since my mom died last year). But, the combination seems to work very well.

Post edited by: AliveAgain, at: 06/11/2008 06:41

06/11/2008 08:16 AM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group. Sorry I haven't been around much, having troubles of my own.

Have you ever thought of going to treatment or meetings at narcotics anonymous. They are very helpful. You can also talk to your doctor about getting the medication suboxone. I have heard form many different people that it is helpful.

Getting help for addiction is more than stopping using. It is changing your behaviors and way of thinking. It is about finding balance in your life. Meetings or treatment can help a person achive those.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

06/18/2008 09:22 AM
AliveAgain
AliveAgain  

I totally agree with Chris. I am on suboxone and truly believe that it is a miracle drug and has saved my life, but I also know that it wouldn't have helped me if I didn't really WANT to quit. You have to have the drive, motivation and right mindset to quit. I am also on an antidepressant now and that helps a lot, too, because one of the reasons that I started using drugs was because of depression.

But, I totally agree that you should either go to narcotics anonymous meetings or see a psychiatrist to aid in your keeping clean.

07/21/2008 01:51 PM
sparkles2008
sparkles2008  

I wouldnt recommend going on suboxon it is nothing more then a replacement for opiates trust me been there done it was on it for 3 years and it destroyed my life litterly lost everything because of it you can get addicted to suboxon just as bad as you can percocet or oxyconten any opiate so i am telling you from exsperiance its not worth it Go into a long term rehab if you cant do that then go to AA. NA and get out patent treatment. friends Ann ann main

07/21/2008 01:53 PM
sparkles2008
sparkles2008  

Suboxone it a narcotic it is a controlled substance and they use it for cronic pain look it up on the internet or ask any doc or pharmacist. Ann

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved