MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/21/2009 10:20 AM

All by myself

MrsHurrell25
MrsHurrell25  

I quit all the drugs I was addicted to all by myself, no groups,no meetings, just pure will.

But I still find my self thinking about one in particular almost everyday. And I know in my heart if some one were to offer me some I wouldn't say no.

I quit by not being round the people that did it.

But often I want to call them... I feel Im just away from it but not over it.

Any advice?

09/21/2009 11:16 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I found that I could not stay away from drugs or alcohol without the aid of others. I commend you for your will power. It obviously is very strong, but cravings can overpower us without the support of others who understand addictions. I encourage you to find a group to join. Others may have other advice for you, but that is all I can offer.

09/21/2009 03:49 PM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Please don't give into temptation, you have come so far by yourself! uppitywoman is right, you need the support of others in your similar situation. We will be here to support you but it would also be great if you could join NA or be a part of a group near home. You have amazing will power and just talking about it can be hard enough. I'm so glad that you are here and a part of our group. When you find yourself thinking about the drug you crave, do something, anything to keep your mind off of it. Your doing great!

hugs, jenn

09/21/2009 05:10 PM
courseygal

If you don't want to go to face to face meetings, or are unable to do so, you can attend online meetings. I am homebound due to RA and I attend both AA and NA meetings. Check out the following recovery sites:

recoverychat.com, aaonline.net, earthgroupsna.org, nachatroom.org, narecoverychat

I've really benefited from having the immediate support and direction of online meetings. This site is the best on constant support from those who know where you are and have great advice.

Melanye Smile

09/21/2009 07:51 PM
Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

WOW! I am proud of you by going this far all on your own. But it does help to have support...as well as a strong will such as you have. And at least you are being honest, got to hand that to you! But you CAN do this...I distanced myself away from everyone I used with , bought from, or that is in any way affliated with my cocaine days, look how far you have come..AND ON YOUR OWN! Not many folks can say that!!!!! But do get someone to talk to when you get tempted, stay away from those contacts..further your success...some things you have to work on. Don't give up by giving in now....

I believe you have it in you!!!!!!!!! I am impressed.

09/22/2009 09:00 AM
MrsHurrell25
MrsHurrell25  

Thank you so much for all the kind words.

I almost find it easy not to talk about it though,just saying the word can make me want to go out and buy, But words of encuragment always help.

I've been clean about 4months now and see no need to go back.

09/22/2009 04:33 PM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

4 mos. is awesome!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved