MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2009 06:24 PM

Mother of two who has an addict husband!

scaredmother

Hello, I am a mother of two and my husband is an addict. I just found out he has been using drugs again and also drinking on top of it. He was a heavy heroin user years ago and has used heroin once since and I just found out he has done drugs again. This time was different he was using poppy plants and making tea out of it which I guess is a form of heroin but a very low dose. He was also drinking on top of this. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who I can talk to. I am here by myself taking care of the kids and don't know what to do!! Please someone HELP!

03/21/2009 08:24 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

My exhusband told me he quit on our wedding day. Well he lied the first chance he had he used, he likes amphetamines and pot. We fought and fought over it. He always promised he would quit but he lied. I was vacuuming and I found a bendal with speed in it. My son was crawing he could'nt walk yet and he picked everything and put it in his mouth, That was the last straw, I left him and never looked back.

03/21/2009 10:15 PM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That was the best thing you could have done for yourself and child. My oldest daughter married a man that was an X-cocaine addict. He was clean for 3yrs. before they got married. He took all of the money they got as gifts on their wedding day and smoked it all up about a week later. She stayed with him and tried to help him for 5yrs. (longer than I would have). They divorced and she never looked back either. Last I heard, he was still using. jenny

03/22/2009 04:25 AM
Darknessiss
Darknessiss  

Go to the Narcotics Anonymous website www.na.org

That is an excellent drug addiction recovery group and it's free.

I am a recovering addict who battles the constant craving for alcohol, amphetamines, cocaine, and weed.

It sucks at first but the longer I abstain from drugs, it does get better so tell your husband you want him to go to the website, find a NA group in your area and go to a couple of meetings. He will enjoy it I hope and keep coming back!

PLUR

-Dark

Devil

03/23/2009 06:05 AM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That's great that you go to NA! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Keep up the good work. jenny

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved