MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/10/2010 05:45 AM

new form of suboxone.

alovesopure
alovesopure  

posted this in the heroin addiction group too...

went to my doctor's appointment today. he told me they have come out with a new form of suboxone. its going to be a sublingual film. kinda like how those Listerine breath strips are. they supposedly dissolve faster and have a better taste than the tablets.

it will be available next month i believe.

http://www.rb.com/FDA-Approval-for-Suboxone-Sublingual- FilmC-III

http://www.heretohelpprogram.com/suboxone_film/Default.aspx

09/11/2010 06:40 PM
crawlingbacktostart
crawlingbacktostart  

Hmm, Neat, thanks for the info DeeDee. Do they have different flavors or anything?Tongue lol The few times I've taken suboxone it was a sub-lingual tablet that tasted like oranges, but didn't taste the greatest.

09/11/2010 06:58 PM
pattB

VIP Member

Is the cost the same? Maybe my daughter will yake the strip more than the pills.

Patti

09/11/2010 09:55 PM
alovesopure
alovesopure  

i wish they had different flavors! apparently the film is going to be a lime-like flavor. my nurse said it tasted like pine sol to her. haha. i HATE the way the pills taste. and after a year being on suboxone, something different will be quite refreshing.

not sure on the price, patti. i THINK it will be the same. i have zero insurance, so everything is expensive for me either way!

Post edited by: alovesopure, at: 09/11/2010 09:56 PM

09/12/2010 10:56 AM
greeneyemommy

sweetie,, i didnt know you can be on suboxine for that long .... why isnt the dr weining you off.....i guess you dr knows what he doing ... just hope theres no side effects for later down the road ... your so young,,,,,,,i would def look into it......

09/12/2010 11:10 AM
pattB

VIP Member

i don't know much about taking Sub my daughter is on a six month corse for now. He counselors and doctors do recommend about a two year treatment. heroin is not a tea party, I figure these people know so, i think each person will have their own cut off date. I think because my daughter is young they think a longer term treatment is good for her. patti

09/12/2010 12:12 PM
alovesopure
alovesopure  

true, people shouldn't be on suboxone for a long time. but there are reasons why im still on it. mostly because i relapsed and went back to using for awhile, then i got back on suboxone. when i first got on sub i was taking two and 1/2 8mg tablets a day. now i only take a half a pill a day. eventually my doctor will taper me off it and i will get off sub completely.

Post edited by: alovesopure, at: 09/12/2010 12:29 PM

09/13/2010 04:53 PM
greeneyemommy

thanks for the information...i dont know too much on suboxines...all i know is that my sons friend had to go to detox for suboxines......can suboxines make you high if you take more than you should? thanks for the info...hugs trish

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved