MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2012 06:08 PM

I made an appointment!

Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

So, I am not diagnosed. I've been terrified to actually take any steps, feeling overwhelmed, I hate talking to strangers on the phone, etc etc...well today I made an appointment for April 2 and my insurance is going to cover it! Not sure about meds yet. One step at a time.

03/24/2012 07:47 PM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

I was informed today that I've been dropped from Medicaid and so I won't be able to go to the appointment. *sigh*

03/27/2012 09:06 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

Some doctors will work with you on costs and payments. Please try and make this appointment happen for yourself. If this doctor won't do it, try calling some of the mental health clinics in your area; if they can't (or won't) help, they may be able to at least point you in the right direction.

I know how frustrating it is to be dealing with all kinds of symptoms and for some reason, it seems worse when you can't put a name to it.

Good luck!

Colleen

03/27/2012 08:54 PM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

The clinic where I was going to go won't take me unless I pay in full, we already owe them a lot of money from my husband nearly dying a couple years ago. I'm not giving up though...I'm going to back to school in the fall and if all else fails I can go to the clinic on campus and hopefully they will be able to help me out. It's hard not to get discouraged!

03/29/2012 08:55 AM
maggiesdream
maggiesdream  

Izzy, you have had to wait so long for this. Is there another clinic you can go to ? My pcp gives me my adderall but he tried me on other add meds before he made me go get diagnosed. So I would think you could just try a general practice doc and get some strattera or mine even tried ritalin first. Also a lot of our rural towns have free clinics like christian faith clinics, I don't know if you have to live in that town to go to one but check into something like that. We don't actually have one in our city except there is one if you live in a certain area code (mostly mexican community) but that doesn't seem quite fair. Anyway see if there's one in your surrounding area I think there is one about 30 minutes from me that anyone can go to. They are usually called interfaith clinic or christian (name of the town) clinic.

03/30/2012 01:51 PM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

I don't think we have any of those, but I'll keep checking around. Thanks!

04/07/2012 01:04 AM
Light68
Light68Posts: 520

Izzy sorry it is not going easy, but anything worth anything in our lives is worth effort, so keep trying, I to am trying to be diagnosed and feel like I have to prove my symptoms, I have been running from it for to many years...

Good Luck..

Light, Love, Laughter

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved