MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2011 08:20 PM

High School Flashback lol

Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

Got my final grades for the semester today...Three A's, two F's. Since about the sixth grade through high school that's what my report cards looked like...I chose very carefully which assignments I felt I would be able to do well, and didn't even attempt ones I didn't feel confident about.

College has been an adventure, I can say that much. I've fought my old habits hard and worked on just doing what I can, trying to accept that something is better than nothing at all. This last semester just KILLED me though and I resorted to old coping mechanisms. I threw my energy into the classes that were important to me and that I felt I could do well, and to heck with the other two. Hence the grades lol. I am glad it is over for now.

05/23/2011 04:45 AM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 903

Maybe you could go part time? Maybe that would give you all A's.

05/23/2011 11:21 AM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

Since starting college, my grades haven't looked quite like this. I am generally copiong well with my schoolwork until this particular semester...there was a ton of other stuff going on (dealing with rape and abuse, brother threatening suicide twice, getting into a car wreck, both kids getting sick, pregnancy, umm...I think that's about it lol) so I'm thinking this last semester will just be an exception. I am looking forward to the next spring semester and just want to leave this one behind me!!!

I think I've considered going part time, but it lessens the amount of aid I recieve and I'm already looking at another two years of schooling left before I get my degree, on top of the four I have completed, so I just want to to get it over and done! Generally I do better. Fingers crossed I don't get so much dumped on my lap next year lol!!!

06/02/2011 02:17 PM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 903

Wow that sounds like a serious amount of stress. I think this is an exception too. Take care and good luck with school.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved