|Jun 26 2012|
After a daylong “adventure” in Strong Memorial Hospital on Thursday, June 21st, we were no closer to answers. They ran some more tests and did another MRI. We met with a few more doctorsfrom the transplant team who confirmed what we were told on May 14th. There is a mass in the right branch of the portal vein. This is very close to the area that was ablated on March 9th. The doctors were taking his latest MRI to the Transplant and Tumor Conference on Friday, June 22nd. They would brainstorm on what the next step is. If this is more cancer, he is not a candidate for transplant because the cancer has made its way to the blood stream. It won’t be long before it makes its way to the lungs and liver. Our next appointment is July 13th, to go over the results.
We received a call on Monday June 25th, they have moved up our next appointment to this Friday the 29th. They do not want to wait until mid-July but would not go into detail over the phone. All we know is our appointment has been moved to the Oncology department. We will be meeting with the oncologist and someone from radiation.
This has been a year from HELL. We have buried six family members in under 13 months and all of this with my dad is wiping me out. I do my best to be the “strong one” but when I am alone…I fall to pieces.
Members who read this post also read:
6-26-2012 Plaquenil, breast cancer screening, & no...
Panic Attack launches another battle