|Jun 20 2012|
Bright and early tomorrow morning we will be driving about an hour and a half away to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. We start our day with Dad having an MRI, which they do every three weeksat this point to monitor the growth of the cancer on his liver. We then have an AM appointment with the Transplant Team and a PM appointment with the Oncology Clinic.
I am praying that they have come up with a plan of attack. His case was taken to the Tumor and Transplant Conference last month for examination. I am so afraid they are going to tell us that he cannot have a transplant.
From the research I have done on “Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Main Portal Vein Tumor Thrombus”, it has an extremely poor prognosis. On the plus side, there are treatments out there, some of which are still in the trial stage but at this point we have to do something.
I don’t know if another ablation or chemotherapy is the answer but I am not a doctor and the information I get from the internet scares the crap out me. The waiting is just so frustrating!
Members who read this post also read:
The Woman Who Changed Something in Me
The Supreme Power
feel like a failure